App-ads.txt is an extension of the IAB ads.txt initiative launched for websitesin 2017. Authorized Digital Sellers for Mobile Apps (app-ads.txt) has been released by the IAB to allow mobile app publishers to publicly declare the specific advertising systems which are authorized to sell their digital advertising inventory.
What is app-ads.txt?
App-ads.txt is a plain text file hosted on the domain of the app developer’s website to identify their authorized digital sellers. This method allows advertisers to trust that they are buying authentic app inventory. Buyers that bid on app inventory can use the app-ads.txt which has been declared by the app developer on their website in order to verify that their impressions come from authorized sellers.
Tappx Implementation Guide:
1.Create the app-ads.txt file
Create a text file and rename it to “app-ads.txt”. According with the specification, the content of the file should follow a specific format. Each line contains:
<Field #1>,<Field #2>,<Field #3>,<Field #4> Field #1 = Domain name of the advertising system Field #2 = Publishers Account ID Field #3 = Relationship (Direct | Reseller ) Field #4 (Optional) = Certification Authority ID Ex = tappx.com,,DIRECT,
2.Add your Tappx entries:
- Go to your “Authorized Digital Sellers” records on your Tappx dashboard https://dashboard.tappx.com/authorizedsellers.
- Copy the entries and paste into your app-ads.txt file of the previous step or download it and save it as app-ads.txt
3.Publish your app-ads.txt file:
- Upload your app-ads.txt file to the root directory of the website declared in Google Play, App Store or any other app listing so it would be available trough your-domain.com/app-ads.txt.
- If you don’t have your own domain you can use the free app-ads.txt hosting solution found at https://www.app-ads-txt.com/.
4.Declare the publisher URL in your app listings
- Make sure that the app developers website has been set up in Google Play, Apple Store or any other app store listing properly.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a custom developer website, you can use the free app-ads.txt hosting solution that you can find at http://www.app-ads-txt.com/
- Sign in to your Play Console.
- Select an app.
- On the left menu, clickStore presence> Store listing.
- Scroll down to "Contact Details".
- Set your URL.
- Sign in to your App Store Connect.
- Choose an app.
- Set your app’s Marketing URL.